Clean and Elegant

Clean and Elegant

Sunday 29 January 2017

Sad Face

In my dream my mother showed me
a picture of my three-year-old face.
I am crying,
Indignant,
Devastated,
Because someone, my neighbour,
has accused me of taking two lollipops
and I only took one.
 
My Two, and Three-Year-Old Selves, with Candy Cane and Noisemaker
The lollipops were the relatively healthy kind
from the natural food store.
Made from fruit juices,
Or environmentally friendly dyes,
Or something similarly far-fetched.

When I looked at that face,
I felt as sad as my three-year-old self.
Misunderstood,
Disbelieved.
I know how painful that was,
And still know.

The End.
Sad Face Series, 2016
End.
I am fine!

Exuberant Bodhisattva on Facebook
Twitter: @mypelvicfloor
I Let Go

Bodhisattva Business Ventures
Slash
Free Spirit Dharma:
 
Deep Cleans by Erica J. Schmidt (@deepcleanswitherica)
Montreal Hippie Threads (@mtlhippiethreads)

Instagram: montrealhippiethreads


Hour of God on a Friday
Rumplestiltskin
Deep Unyielding Depression, Part One
 

No comments:

Post a Comment